Article Search
검색
검색 팝업 닫기

Metrics

Help

  • 1. Aims and Scope

    Gut and Liver is an international journal of gastroenterology, focusing on the gastrointestinal tract, liver, biliary tree, pancreas, motility, and neurogastroenterology. Gut atnd Liver delivers up-to-date, authoritative papers on both clinical and research-based topics in gastroenterology. The Journal publishes original articles, case reports, brief communications, letters to the editor and invited review articles in the field of gastroenterology. The Journal is operated by internationally renowned editorial boards and designed to provide a global opportunity to promote academic developments in the field of gastroenterology and hepatology. +MORE

  • 2. Editorial Board

    Editor-in-Chief + MORE

    Editor-in-Chief
    Yong Chan Lee Professor of Medicine
    Director, Gastrointestinal Research Laboratory
    Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Univ. California San Francisco
    San Francisco, USA

    Deputy Editor

    Deputy Editor
    Jong Pil Im Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
    Robert S. Bresalier University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
    Steven H. Itzkowitz Mount Sinai Medical Center, NY, USA
  • 3. Editorial Office
  • 4. Articles
  • 5. Instructions for Authors
  • 6. File Download (PDF version)
  • 7. Ethical Standards
  • 8. Peer Review

    All papers submitted to Gut and Liver are reviewed by the editorial team before being sent out for an external peer review to rule out papers that have low priority, insufficient originality, scientific flaws, or the absence of a message of importance to the readers of the Journal. A decision about these papers will usually be made within two or three weeks.
    The remaining articles are usually sent to two reviewers. It would be very helpful if you could suggest a selection of reviewers and include their contact details. We may not always use the reviewers you recommend, but suggesting reviewers will make our reviewer database much richer; in the end, everyone will benefit. We reserve the right to return manuscripts in which no reviewers are suggested.

    The final responsibility for the decision to accept or reject lies with the editors. In many cases, papers may be rejected despite favorable reviews because of editorial policy or a lack of space. The editor retains the right to determine publication priorities, the style of the paper, and to request, if necessary, that the material submitted be shortened for publication.

Search

Search

Year

to

Article Type

ahead

Split Viewer

Online first

Risk Stratification of T1 Colorectal Cancer Metastasis to Lymph Nodes: Current Status and Perspective

Katsuro Ichimasa1 , Shin-ei Kudo1 , Hideyuki Miyachi1 , Yuta Kouyama1 , Masashi Misawa1 , and Yuichi Mori1,2

1Digestive Disease Center, Showa University Northern Yokohama Hospital, Yokohama, Japan, and 2Clinical Effectiveness Research Group, Institute of Health and Society, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Correspondence to:Katsuro Ichimasa
ORCID https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6675-1219
E-mail ichitommy14@yahoo.co.jp

Received: July 20, 2020; Revised: August 23, 2020; Accepted: October 3, 2020

This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0) which permits unrestricted non-commercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.

Gut and Liver

Published online December 24, 2020

Copyright © Gut and Liver.

Abstract

With the widely spreading population-based screening programs for colorectal cancer and recent improvements in endoscopic diagnosis, the number of endoscopic resections in subjects with T1 colorectal cancer has been increasing. Some reports suggest that endoscopic resection prior to surgical resection of T1 colorectal cancer has no adverse effect on prognosis and contributes to this tendency. The decision on the need for surgical resection as an additional treatment after endoscopic resection of T1 colorectal cancer should be made according to the metastasis risk to lymph nodes based on histopathological findings. Because lymph node metastasis occurs in approximately 10% of patients with T1 colorectal cancer according to current international guidelines, the remaining 90% of patients may be at an increased risk of surgical resection and associated postoperative mortality, with no clinical benefit derived from unnecessary surgical resection. Although a more accurate prediction system for lymph node metastasis is needed to solve this problem, risk stratification for lymph node metastasis remains controversial. In this review, we focus on the current status of risk stratification of T1 colorectal cancer metastasis to lymph nodes and outline future perspectives.

Keywords: Lymph node metastasis, Treatment strategy, T1 colorectal cancer, Endoscopic resection, Surgical resection


Article

ahead

Gut and Liver

Published online December 24, 2020

Copyright © Gut and Liver.

Risk Stratification of T1 Colorectal Cancer Metastasis to Lymph Nodes: Current Status and Perspective

Katsuro Ichimasa1 , Shin-ei Kudo1 , Hideyuki Miyachi1 , Yuta Kouyama1 , Masashi Misawa1 , and Yuichi Mori1,2

1Digestive Disease Center, Showa University Northern Yokohama Hospital, Yokohama, Japan, and 2Clinical Effectiveness Research Group, Institute of Health and Society, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Correspondence to:Katsuro Ichimasa
ORCID https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6675-1219
E-mail ichitommy14@yahoo.co.jp

Received: July 20, 2020; Revised: August 23, 2020; Accepted: October 3, 2020

This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0) which permits unrestricted non-commercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.

Abstract

With the widely spreading population-based screening programs for colorectal cancer and recent improvements in endoscopic diagnosis, the number of endoscopic resections in subjects with T1 colorectal cancer has been increasing. Some reports suggest that endoscopic resection prior to surgical resection of T1 colorectal cancer has no adverse effect on prognosis and contributes to this tendency. The decision on the need for surgical resection as an additional treatment after endoscopic resection of T1 colorectal cancer should be made according to the metastasis risk to lymph nodes based on histopathological findings. Because lymph node metastasis occurs in approximately 10% of patients with T1 colorectal cancer according to current international guidelines, the remaining 90% of patients may be at an increased risk of surgical resection and associated postoperative mortality, with no clinical benefit derived from unnecessary surgical resection. Although a more accurate prediction system for lymph node metastasis is needed to solve this problem, risk stratification for lymph node metastasis remains controversial. In this review, we focus on the current status of risk stratification of T1 colorectal cancer metastasis to lymph nodes and outline future perspectives.

Keywords: Lymph node metastasis, Treatment strategy, T1 colorectal cancer, Endoscopic resection, Surgical resection

Gut and Liver

Vol.15 No.5
September, 2021

pISSN 1976-2283
eISSN 2005-1212

qrcode
qrcode

Share this article on :

  • line

Popular Keywords

Gut and LiverQR code Download
qr-code

Editorial Office